MacNews has been a publication of MacGroup-Detroit since 1986! A few years ago we went from a printed and online version of MacNews to an all online version in PDF. We are continuing the evolution of MacNews by transitioning it from a monthly PDF to a daily blog. There are several advantages to a blog over a static PDF that's delivered once a month:
- With a blog we can deliver information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week as it happens
- There are no space constraints as we don't have to conform to a set page or publication size
- We can include more interactive content easier such as videos
- Writers can publish posts themselves instead of having to wait for the newsletter to be laid out.
- You can subscribe to the RSS feed so that you can receive notifications of new posts in your favorite RSS reader such as Mail or Safari
We're starting with 5 dedicated staff writers: Jack Beckman, Calvin Carson, Phyllis Evans, Chita Hunter and myself have all volunteered to post content Monday through Friday so that you'll have something to check out every day! So please help me in congratulating these outstanding volunteers once again.
Does this mean that the iBBS is going away?
Absolutely not! The iBBS is great for two way discussions and helping members get answers to their questions. It's a forum that has worked out quite well for us over the years and it will continue as is. The MacNews Blog is more about delivering information to members such as reviews, tips, helpful links, product announcements, etc.