The Apple/Steve Jobs Keynote just ended and there is quite a bit to digest. Apple took the wraps off several new things in Mac OS and iOS. Not to mention announcing a successor to MobileMe called iCloud. There were no new hardware announcements. This was all about the OS's and Services. Rather than trying to give you the blow by blow for everything that was just announced, itt's easier just to wait for and watch the web broadcast of the keynote, which should be up soon/later today. However, the things that were most exciting to me were:
- Lion: New Mail client
- Lion: Full Screen Apps
- Lion: Apps that remember where you left off in the App
- Lion: Autosave and Versioning
- Lion: Air Drop – peer-to-peer file sharing
- Lion: $29.99 available in July via the Mac App Store
- iOS 5: Completely revamped (albeit Android like) Notifications System
- iOS 5: Newstand – I'll be interested to see what this one really means to existing Magazine Apps?
- iOS 5: Tabbed Browsing in Mobile Safari (about Freaking Time!)
- iOS 5: Reminders
- iSO 5: Twitter integration at the OS level! Sweet!
- iOS 5: Camera Features: Access from the Lock Screen, Volume up button as the shutter, Rule of 3rds, etc.
- iOS 5: Mail – Draggable Addresses and Search the Entire Message
- iOS 5: PC Free – being able to take an iOS device out of the box , set it up and start using it without having to plug it into a Mac/PC! HOORAY!
- iOS 5: Over the Air (OTA) Software updates! Finally!
- iOS 5: WiFi Syncing of Media! Finally!
- iCloud: FREE
- iCloud: Automatic Document Syncing to all devices
- iCloud: Automatic Weekly Data Backup of iOS Devices
- iCloud: Photo Stream – Sweet! I hope that other apps can use this beside iPhoto!
- iCloud: Automatic availability of all your iTunes purchased songs
- iCloud: $24.99/year and auto iTunes Matching of your existing Ripped Songs!
Like I said, it's a lot to take in and those are just my favorites, not the complete list!
UPDATE: The Keynote Video is now LIVE here.