The Apps created for use on the iPhone and iPod Touch number into the thousands many, many times over.
Apps vary in range from being ingenious and falling into the "Can't live without it" category to being utterly ridiculous and falling into the "You've got to be kidding me" category.
Here is Part 2 of my continuing list of Apps that shock or amaze as I make my way through the App Store.
- Blow in your mic to haze the screen. (iPod users need external mic)
- Use your fingers to write messages and draw just like you would on your mirror after a hot bath.
- Shake your iPhone to clear the screen and start over.
- Watch the droplets form and leave their mark thanks to our unique SteamX physics.
- Finger squeaking sounds included.
- Choose which of your favorite images you want to “steam.”
iBeer is a trick giving the illusion that many different types of beer is being poured
out of the device. Users can pretend to drink beer from their iPod or iPod Touch.
Zits and Giggles
Forget the name and intent, the price is set at $249.99
Yes, you read that correctly. Don't believe me? Go see for yourself.
The cow moos when touched. initially “designed to entertain a 2-year old.”
I’m sure older 2-year olds have enjoyed it too.
And by the way, a 2-year old with an iPhone?…hmmm
Feed it, tickle it, shake it. It lives on your home screen, calendar,
music, even on your photos…Weren't those called GigaPets?
Motion Sickness: shake your device to give a guy motion sickness.
Your victory will be marked with a fountain of puke.
- Spitter: Spit on passers by from a balcony above. Tilt to control the direction it falls.
- Mine Runner: Run to the finish line before time runs out. Oh, and try not to step on any mines.
- Save the Kittens: Catch the kittens and carry them to safety before they fall into a meat grinder.
If you dont, they will become kitty burgers.
- Field Goal: Flick the football to kick a field goal! Make sure you take the wind into account.
Less chance of contracting real lung cancer, but can
you contract Virtual lung cancer?
An application about "Nothing."
"Nothing has everything you ever wanted in an application – except much, much less.”
Load friends' pictures and make them say what you want them to say.
Need another way to mindlessly waste your time, look no further.
Bouncy also keeps track of how much time you have wasted, just in case you wanted to know.